5 Hubryde home exercises to do during the COVID 19 lockdown
There are times when we all eat a little extra and gain a little weight, during this lockdown it is very easy to fall for the allure of a lazy day, increasing the chances of that happening but we must resist.
Staying fit might be crucial in your re-assimilation back into society, cardio exercises at home are a great way to keep your calories in check without the hassle of running to a gym. You can do it at your convenience, pace, and needs!
Here are 5 stay at home exercises you can do.
Squats are a very effective form of exercise. It is a full-body exercise that emphasises on working the muscles of your Buttocks, Hips, Thighs, and Hamstrings. It develops your core strength. Overall, it is a very useful exercise to know. However, you need to do them perfectly and carefully in order to ensure that you do not get injured and maximum effectiveness is reached. Squats are one of the best at home cardio workouts.
Here are the steps;
- Stand with your chest held up and out and your head facing forward
- Place your feet apart at shoulder width
- Sit as though you are sitting on an imaginary chair
- Allow your lower back arch just a little so you can go down
- With your knees over your ankles, lower down your body in such a way that your thighs are as parallel to the floor as is possible.
On spot jogging is a very fast and effective way of burning calories. It is important to do it in the right intensity. If done properly, you can end up losing 200 calories in 1 hour. It is very good for toning muscles and works your Calves, Quadriceps and Hamstrings.
Here are the steps:
- Find a rope that reaches your shoulders when folded into half
- Hold the rope properly and make sure that your forearms are a foot away from your body
- Put the rope behind you and make sure that the middle of the rope touches the back of your feet
- Use your wrists to swing the rope above your head
- Hop over the rope when it is coming at your feet
- Create a pace that is more suitable to you
The body bridge is an exercise that increases strength and builds flexibility throughout the body, especially in the spine and back. It stretches out your body and can reduce back pain. Body bridge is a very good core body stability exercise and for strengthening the butt and hamstrings.
Here are the steps:
- As you jump widen your legs till your shoulder width and take your hands from the sides
join them above your head
- repeat for 10 times and relax.
- Do 3 such sets. You can increase the number of repetitions as per your ease.